Age concerned and over 50s
Our specialist age concerned travel insurance is the ideal travel insurance policy for over 50’s holidaymakers who have a thirst to explore the many exciting sights and cultures that international travel presents.
Over 50’s travel insurance
Those that say that there’s an age limit to exploring the world are misinformed factually and philosophically; if you still have the will to travel, you shouldn’t let anything stop you. Here at 24/7 travel insurance, our Single Trip and Cruise cover is tailored specifically to those aged 50 years old or over; there is no upper limit in regards to age!
It doesn’t matter what the particular holiday itinerary or plan is; from taking a long put-off tour around the floating city of Venice, exploring the remnants Aztec civilisation in Mexico, or sampling the delights of mainland Japan; age need be no barrier to the fulfilling of long-held dreams or ambitions. Often, insurers will refuse cover to travellers who are older than a specific age threshold, or increase the cost of the premium to sometimes travel prohibitive levels, however at 24/7 we embrace the travellers of any age.
Any age travel insurance can cover such trips as:
- a last minute romantic break to Paris
- the long awaited 4 week holiday to Australia to visit the grand kids
- a relaxing and stress free World Cruise
- dreamed of trip to Las Vegas to visit the Grand Canyon
- and anywhere you want to go!
Of course, being unable to qualify or afford the right travel insurance policy poses real problems for prospective travellers; as it’s never advisable to go on holiday without the correct level of cover. The more susceptible that you are to specific adverse conditions abroad, especially if travelling to areas with comparatively poor hygiene or more treacherous environmental conditions, the more important travel insurance will be. Travel insurance for over 50 year old’s is therefore particularly important, in the same way that those with chronic illnesses are far better served looking for travel insurance with medical conditions specifically covered within the policy.
That’s where we come in! Our no upper age limit travel insurance has been specifically designed to offer the cover required by older travellers, at a competitive price.
Some of the main benefits of over 50s travel cover includes:
- Three levels of cover to choose from with a Single Trip policy
- Over 100 activities covered for FREE
- Peace of mind travel
- Instant cover online with documents sent to your inbox
- Cover for Pre-existing Medical Conditions*
- 24/7 medical emergency helpline
*Subject to acceptance by insurers – see FAQ’s below
Handy tips when shopping for age based travel insurance
- Ensure that your insurance cover falls in line with the date of your holiday; your insurance cover will be useless should you still be travelling after the end date of your policy. It’s essential that you stick to your return date!
- If you are taking valuable items with you such as cameras, laptops, jewellery and more check the policy limits. You may need to insure these items under your home insurance policy.
- Read the policy wording – the cooling off period gives you 14 days to return your policy for a full refund if it doesn’t suit your needs (if you haven’t already travelled or have made or intend to make a claim).
- If you have any medical conditions, you will need to declare them. Phone our Medical Screening Line to declare your condition to us, so that we can ensure that you get the right cover for you. See FAQ’s below.
Travel insurance for people of any age including activities and maximum cover limits
In the same way that age should be seen as no barrier to international travel, age should also not be seen as a barrier to enjoying the many varied activities offered at holiday destinations. As long as the right preparations have been made, and sensible precautions taken, there’s absolutely no reason that older travellers shouldn’t be able to get the most out of their holiday by partaking in whichever activities take their fancy at the time.
No matter what your original plan for your holiday, it’s important that you plan ahead for every eventuality, and therefore take a level of insurance cover that will allow for a range of additional activities to be undertaken while abroad, such as power boating or skiing. See FAQ’s below for more information about activities included with our policies.
Age concern travel insurance FAQs
Can I get an Annual policy?
We do have an Annual policy that will cover you for an unlimited number of trips through the year up to 31 days each trip.
There is a maximum age limit of 74 for this policy.
If you are aged 75 +, please call us on 02392 419 044 (Monday to Friday 8am-6pm, closed Bank Holidays) where we will find you a suitable policy.
What is the maximum trip duration?
Please see table below for maximum trip lengths:
|Policies||Maximum trip length|
|Last Minute||365 days*|
|Single Trip||365 days*|
|Cruise||12 months (365 days)|
*31 days for those aged over 65
What activities are included?
All our policies come with over 100 activities covered for free, from Bowling to River Walking and Deep Sea Fishing to Water Skiing (amateur).
I have a medical condition, can I purchase cover?
You can still purchase cover if you have a medical condition(s), however, if you answer YES to any of the questions below, you must tell us. Please get a quote and after purchasing your policy, you must call Travel Administration Facilities with your policy number on 0203 829 3854 (Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday and Bank Holidays 9am to 5pm). An additional premium may be required. Any medical conditions not declared to us will not be covered. Should you fail to disclose any relevant information, this may invalidate your cover altogether.
Have you, or anyone travelling with you, ever been diagnosed or received treatment for:
- any heart or circulatory condition
- a stroke or high blood pressure
- a breathing condition (including asthma)
- any type of cancer
- any type of diabetes
In the last 2 years – have you, or anyone who is travelling with you been:
- treated for any serious or re-occurring medical condition
- asked to take regular prescribed medication
- referred to a specialist or a consultant at a hospital for tests, diagnosis or treatment
Are you waiting for tests or treatment of any description?
Has your doctor altered your regular prescribed medication in the last 6 months?