If you’re lucky enough to be able to enjoy more than one holiday every year, buying travel insurance for each separate trip can be very expensive.
Fortunately, multi-trip travel insurance policies are available which, for regular travellers can work out to be better value than single trip travel insurance policies. With many of us looking for cheap holiday insurance to give us adequate cover on our travels, think of the savings you could make with a good value multi-trip policy!
You should look for a multi-trip travel insurance policy which offers cover for:
- Emergency medical expenses – these can be the most expensive claims running into the thousands of pounds for medical care
- Repatriation – bringing you back home following a medical emergency abroad
- Cancellation – if you have to cancel your holiday you can get your money back
- Personal possessions – so you won’t be out of pocket if something is lost, stolen or damaged
- 24-hour medical emergency helpline – a contact number 24 hours a day 7 days a week if you fall ill or have an accident
You must also check that your multi-trip insurance policy covers all the activities you are planning to do on your trip, for example bungee jumping or windsurfing. If you are in doubt as to whether your activity is covered, contact your insurance provider. Some travel insurances have a list of activities that are automatically covered without extra charge whilst others may charge an additional premium. View our activities covered at no extra cost.
24/7 Multi-trip travel insurance cover is available up to age 65 and provides:
- Cover for any number of trips in a year
- Max 22 days per trip (Silver cover); max 32 days per trip with Platinum & Diamond cover
- Competitive prices
- Quick quotes
- Instant cover
- Buy securely online
- 3 levels of cover
- Gadget cover included
- 24/7 medical emergency assistance helpline
Travelling numerous times during the year is exciting. Having a multi-trip policy in place means that whether you are booking a last minute shopping break to New York or a visiting relatives in Manchester you can rest assured you’re covered.
UK breaks are included as long as you are spending 3 days away from your home – perfect for long weekends!
A few frequently asked questions about multi-trip travel insurance
Do I need an EHIC?
A European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is designed to offer you reduced cost and sometimes free emergency medical treatment when you are in any EU country (includes Switzerland) and is available for those aged 16 and over free of charge.
It is only accepted in state-run hospitals and does not remove the need for a travel insurance policy.
By showing your EHIC to obtain a reduction in medical costs we will remove the excess on the Emergency medical and associated expenses section of your policy.
You can find more information and apply online on the NHS website.
Who is eligible for this policy?
To be eligible for a multi-trip policy from 24/7 travel insurance you need to be aged 65 years and under. You must be resident in the United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man) or the Channel Islands (Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou Brecqhou and Lihou).