Long stay travel insurance
Whether you are going on an extended break, a gap year or a backpacking trip around the world it is essential that you have adequate long stay travel insurance. You don’t want anything to spoil your time away.
A long stay trip is a great way to experience a taste of culture in as many countries as you can fit into your trip. Whether you decide to travel within Europe, America, Asia, Australia or multiple continents you will want to enjoy the experience to the full.
When planning a backpacking adventure holiday or gap year, it’s important to plan where you want to travel to, what you want to gain out of your trip and for how long you want to be away from friends/family and home!
Most travellers on long stay trips are those going on gap years in between college and university or university and work in their early twenties but there are many older travellers now who take extended breaks from work to experience the world.
The 24/7 backpacker policy provides cover up to 18 months for those aged 55 years and under.
Benefits of purchasing a 24/7 backpacking policy are:
- Two levels of cover available so you can pick the right policy to suit your needs
- Over 100 activities are covered as standard and you can add more activities if you need to (additional premium payable)
- Return home twice during your trip without invalidating your policy (surprise your family for Christmas)
- We cover a lot of work abroad activities too – so earn whilst you travel!
- 24/7 medical emergency assistance helpline
Before you depart on your long stay trip ensure to check out the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) website for the latest travel advice, news and country specific information: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice