Please see below for some commonly asked questions.

To view the answer just click on the question. You can also select a category to make finding your question easier.

If your question isn’t answered below you may find what you are looking for by visiting our product pages to the right. If your question still hasn’t been answered scroll to the bottom where you can find our contact details to get in touch.

Who are 24/7?

We are a travel insurance provider set up with one main aim – to provide low cost travel insurance to the every day traveller.

Read more about us »

How do I purchase a policy?

You can buy a policy instantly online – click here to get a quote.

If you have any questions that aren’t covered on this website, please contact us first.

I’ve already left the UK, can I still get Insurance?

We cannot provide cover under our 24/7 travel insurance policies. However, we have teamed up with Voyager Insurance Services Ltd to offer an extensive range of International and expatriate travel insurance policies.

Please visit our Already travelled? page.

What is the maximum trip length?

Please see table below for maximum trip lengths:

Policies Maximum trip length
Single Trip 90 days
Backpacker 18 months
Annual Multi-trip 22 days per trip (Silver cover); max 32 days per trip (Platinum & Diamond cover)
Cruise See Insurance Policy

*31 days for those aged over 65

Do you have a maximum age?

Please see table below for maximum ages per policy:

Policies Maximum age
Single Trip Up to 70 (family cover up to 60)
Backpacker See Insurance Policy
Annual Multi-trip Up to 65 (family cover up to 60)
Cruise See Insurance Policy

All policies must have at least one adult aged 18 years or over.

Do you cover all countries?

We can cover all countries worldwide except where you are travelling to a country where the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against travel. Visit their website to find out more.

What activities are covered?

All our policies include over 70 activities covered at no extra charge. You can view these here.

If you are looking for cover for more hazardous sports and activities that are not covered in the 24/7 policy, please refer to our alternative product – Adventures. This specialist policy provides cover for over 400 sports & activities. Click here for more information.

What start date should I use when buying a policy?

If you are buying a Single Trip, Cruise or Backpacker policy you should select the start date of your trip as your policy start date. Cancellation cover will commence once you have purchased your policy.

If you are buying an Annual Multi-trip policy you can start your policy within 31 days of today. If you have already booked your trip and want cancellation cover starting immediately you should select today’s date as your start date.

My birthday is before my holiday, what age do I use?

Please use your age as of the day you purchase your policy.

Can I trust 24/7 travel insurance?

24/7 travel insurance is a trading name of P J Hayman & Company.

P J Hayman & Company is a specialist travel insurance and schemes provider founded in 1990 who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register number 497103). P J Hayman & Company is part of Lloyd’s Brokers, Crispin Speers & Partners thereby guaranteeing major financial resource and insurance market support.

24/7 Single Trip and Annual Multi-trip travel insurance policies are underwritten by Zurich Insurance plc, for sections A to K, L1 to 5 and M1 to 5 and by UK General Insurance Limited on behalf of: Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) SE. for section N1 which is arranged by Supercover Insurance Ltd.

How can I pay for my policy?

You pay online using a credit or debit card, we accept both Visa or Mastercard.

How do I know what I am covered for?

You can find details of the policy cover, limits, terms, conditions and exclusions in the policy wording.

Our policy information pages also give you details of the cover limits – select what policy you would like from the right for more information.

Are my details secure when I buy online?

We take security protection very seriously. When you enter your details online either when getting a quote or purchasing a policy your information is encrypted so no-one else can read them. You can confirm this by checking the padlock icon which you can find in the address bar.

How do I get my policy documents?

We will send your documents to the email address you enter when you purchase a policy.

I’ve lost my documents. How do I retrieve them?

Your documents would have been sent to the email address you provided when you purchased your policy.

If you can no longer find that email, please contact us

Please wait...
 with your name, address and policy type. We will then forward your documents to the email address you entered when you purchased the policy.

If you have changed your email address since purchasing your policy, please call us on 02392 419 044. We are open Monday to Friday 8am-6pm, closed Bank Holidays.

I would like to make a change to my policy, what do I do?

If you would like to make a change to your policy please call us on 02392 419 044. We are open Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm, closed Bank Holidays.

How do I cancel my policy?

You can cancel your policy within 14 days of the purchase date if you find it is not suitable. We will issue a full refund as long as you haven’t already travelled, made or intend to make a claim. Please call us on 02392 419 044, we are open Monday to Friday 8am-6pm, closed Bank Holidays.

What does UK resident mean?

A UK resident is someone who lives in either England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man.

What does Channel Islands resident mean?

You are a Channel Islands resident if you live either in Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, Brecqhou or Lihou.

How do I make a claim?

Please visit our Making a Claim page where you can find claims forms and further information.

Can children under 18 be covered?

Our Single Trip policy can cover children under 18 travelling independently, subject to them travelling with a responsible adult. On our Annual Multi-trip policy, children under 18 must be insured with their family, but can also travel independently with a responsible adult.

Didn’t find your answer?

Here are a couple of ways to contact us

Call us on 02392 419 044

We are open Mon to Fri 8am – 6pm, closed Bank Holidays.

Get a quote