Family travel insurance
Whether you are looking to travel a few times or just once this year, it is important to ensure all members of your family are covered.
No one wants to find themselves out of pocket because they have had to cancel their holiday or have incurred unexpected medical costs. To ensure you are protected against these unexpected costs, all travellers, adults and children, need to be covered on a family travel insurance policy.
Questions to ask yourself about getting insurance for your family travel should include:
- What is my family covered for? Check the summary to see the levels of cover and take a look at the policy wording, the cover limits and the exclusions before you purchase the policy. Make sure it is right for you otherwise it isn’t worth getting.
- Does the family insurance policy cover all the activities that we are planning to do? See activities covered for free on all our policies to make sure before you travel – if in doubt contact the insurance provider.
- What are the main policy exclusions of the family travel insurance policy? Read the policy wording carefully to see what the general exclusions are.
- Does the family travel insurance policy have a 24-hour emergency medical assistance service? This is important if someone falls ill or is taken to hospital. Store the number in your mobile phone or write it down and carry it with you in your purse/wallet.
- Can I get a refund if the policy doesn’t cover everything I need it for? You have 14 days after purchasing the policy in which to request a full refund, as long as you haven’t travelled, made a claim or intend to make a claim you will receive your money back.
- What are the duration limits and age limits of the family travel insurance policy? Each policy is different so read the policy information before buying.
What policies are suitable for families travelling abroad?
If you have booked a holiday and want cover for this one trip, Single Trip cover would be suitable. The policy is available up to age 60 and covers individual trips up to 90 days.
Annual Multi-trip travel insurance is perfect for those planning to take more than one trip/holiday over the next year. You can travel as many times as you want, up to a maximum of 22 days for each trip with Silver cover; maximum 32 days per trip with Platinum and Diamond cover. The age limit is 60.
24/7 travel insurance gives you all these benefits:
- Competitive prices
- Quick quotes
- Instant cover
- Wide-range of policies
- Various levels of cover to choose from
- Gadget cover included on Single Trip and Annual Multi-trip policies
- 24/7 medical emergency assistance helpline
Shopping around for travel insurance could save you money and get you better cover but don’t just compare insurance prices; you need to also compare insurance cover to make sure that the policy you choose gives you the cover you need for your holiday or trip.