Have you heard of the ‘Know Before You Go’ (KBYG) campaign? It is an ongoing campaign with around 300 travel industry partners – including P J Hayman & Company Ltd (the company behind 24/7 travel insurance)- to help Brits to stay safe and healthy abroad.
The campaign was launched in 2001 to promote these key messages:
- get adequate travel insurance
- check the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) country travel advice
- research your destination – know the local laws and customs
- visit your GP as soon as possible before travelling
- check your passport is in good condition and valid and you have all necessary visas
- make copies of important travel documents and/or store them online using a secure data storage site
- tell someone where you are going and leave emergency contact details with them
- take enough money and have access to emergency funds
Every year thousands of British travellers seriously regret not taking these simple steps.
If you’re planning a trip you should read the travellers checklist – it’s full of practical tips for having a safe and enjoyable time.