The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has issued advice to tourists stating they must buy cover “to avoid the risk of you or your family being billed for thousands of pounds”.
The warning comes in light of research that has revealed many people will jet off abroad to visit family and friends, but travellers must remember they still need adequate travel insurance and should contact their GP to ensure vaccinations are up to date and a good state of health is in order.
Egypt and Turkey are predicted to remain popular among UK tourists in 2011, according to the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA), while longer-haul destinations such as Abu Dhabi and Syria may see more arrivals.
Recent poor weather conditions may have reminded people to check their travel insurance documents stretch to cover the delay or cancellation of a trip.
24/7 travel insurance policies have been designed to insure you against certain events when you take a holiday or trip, click here to check the cover limits.
Key features of 24/7 travel insurance:
- Competitive prices
- Quick quotes
- Instant cover
- Cover for single trips, multi trips and backpackers
- 2 levels of cover – Standard and Premier
- BONDPLUS (Financial Failure)*
- FREE cover for children under 18
- 24/7 medical emergency assistance helpline
- Cancellation rights – 14 day money back guarantee
* Available with Premier cover only
Remember to pack your cheap holiday insurance!
Don’t forget to pack your cheap holiday insurance, you can get an instant quote and immediate cover by going online to 24/7 travel insurance. A 3-day break in Turkey will cost you only £4.23*
* Premium £4.23 includes Insurance Premium Tax based on an adult aged under 55 taking out a “Standard” Single Trip 24/7 travel insurance policy for 3-days in Europe excluding personal possessions cover and purchased within 14 days of departure date. Cover details and prices are correct at time of going to press (January 2011) and are subject to change.